Welcome To Perth Toastmasters
A branch of the prestigious Toastmasters International Public Speaking and Leadership organisation is now established in Perth, Scotland.
We meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month at the North Inch Community Campus (ICT Room by the library), Gowans Terrace from 7.00pm – 9.00pm. Whatever your goals in life may be, your success depends on your ability to communicate. Individuals who can express their ideas so that they are heard, understood and acted upon possess one of the primary qualities of leadership.
Join Perth Toastmasters and embark on a programme that will multiply your communication and leadership skills.
As a Toastmaster, you will learn how to:
- Overcome the initial nervousness everyone feels when called to speak before an audience.
- Organise and present your ideas logically and convincingly.
- Improve your ability to listen to other people’s ideas and evaluate them.
- Develop self-confidence that will radiate in every situation involving other people.
Club Members have a wealth of experience to offer each other and as Toastmasters is a not-for-profit organisation it’s not expensive to join. Membership costs about the same as a night school course.
If you are interested in finding out more, you are very welcome to come along to a meeting as a guest, and see what we do. This doesn’t cost anything, and there is no pressure for you to speak unless you want to. Contact us for further details, or simply show up as a guest at the next meeting, it’s completely free and without any obligation.
Meetings have a friendly and supportive atmosphere. There’s no dress code, so just come along as you are.
Over three million people have benefited from participating in Toastmasters. Toastmasters International has nearly 230,000 members in 11,300 clubs in 90 countries. There are five thousand current members in 201 Clubs in the UK and Ireland. You, too, can gain these same benefits, benefits that will change your life.
We hope to see you soon!
Reasons to enhance your communication skills at Perth Toastmasters
- Good communicators, says a leading management consultant, are seen as more effective and more powerful than their less eloquent counterparts.
- Persuasive speaking is an important and valued skill. It helps you to put ideas across, make more sales, give successful presentations, gain promotion and do your work more effectively.
- It also affects people’s perceptions of you in meetings, on the telephone and in one-to-one relationships.
- Whatever your goals may be, much of your success in life depends on your ability to communicate effectively. Virtually every executive position advertised specifies the need for communication skills, which are generally regarded as key elements in building a successful career.
- Toastmasters International provides the tools to develop these important skills. In Toastmasters, you learn by doing, by speaking to groups in comfortable and supportive surroundings, rather than a sterile classroom environment.